Stephen Green’s Right Angle Lightning Round assaults Scott Ott and Bill Whittle, in the best tradition of ambush journalism, with top and bottom stories of the week.
- When Elon Musk tells staff that he’s quite concerned about the direction of the economy, President Biden mocks Musk — “lots of luck on his trip to the moon”.
- WaPo meltdown continues, as reporters (Dave Weigel and Taylor Lorenz) re-tweet themselves into disciplinary suspensions.
- The European Union slaps a tax on aviation fuel to fight climate change, but exempts ‘business aviation’ and other private flights, which are the most inefficient use of fuel on a gallons/mile basis.
- Will Carolina Panthers appointing the first openly-transgender cheerleader pull the actual football squad out of the doldrums of athletic mediocrity measured in the antiquated terms of wins and losses?
- The 78th anniversary of D-Day, spurs the White House to issue a somewhat belated Tweet. But the respect of the Biden Administration for the sacrifice for our troops pales in comparison to that of the French people who observe a unique annual tribute to the men and women of Operation Overlord.